CIEH Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness
The Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness is designed to help employees recognise fire safety issues in the workplace, and understand how to react when the fire alarm sounds.
Who is it for?
All employees including:
- those with no specific fire-safety role
- those undertaking induction training
- as an introduction for those who intend to move on to further fire-safety training
- Main causes and effects of fires in the workplace
- Duties and responsibilities (of employers, employees and fire wardens)
- Procedures in the event of a fire
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire risk management, including risk assessment
- The fire triangle
- Fire risk control measures (active and passive)
- Reporting fire safety issues
- Portable fire-fighting equipment *Practical demonstrations and use of fire extinguishers may be added to the course syllabus if required.
- Simple checks of portable fire-fighting equipment
Multiple-choice examination. This course is accredited by Ofqual (Ref: 501/0341/6)
Awarding body: Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, Chadwick Court, Hatfields, London,
SE1 8DJ Tel: 0207 928 6006